Welcome to PSSO Safety Information Center, your one-stop website where you can get information regarding Safety matters. The information here attempts to be as extensive as possible but if you have any suggestions concerning additions, please email us.
The Chemistry Safety Committee is grateful to Dr. Ken MacNeil, formerly Departmental Safety Adviser, School of Chemistry at the University of Bristol, for his very kind help and advice on safety matters. The Safety Manual has been adapted with permission from the School of Chemistry, University of Bristol.
For the full version of the Safety Manual, Click here.
The abbreviated version, Safety Handout, can be downloaded here.
Safety, Health and Environmental Policy Click here
Control of Contractor Working in Laboratories
Reporting Accidents and Incident
Regulations on Purchase of Chemicals
Chemicals needing Licences
Security in the Department
Vacating a Laboratory
Personnel Connected with Safety in the Department
Click here for Demerit Points Report
All practical modules essentially require students to comply with all general safety rules and to conduct experiments independently. Each undergraduate student should read the undergraduate safety note carefully and thereafter pass the online undergraduate safety test for each of these practical modules before conducting the experiments. In addition students would be trained with various hand-on knowledge about chemical safety, i.e. how to complete the risk assessment for a given experiment. Please refer to those practical modules in IVLE for more information. In addition, for those UROPS and FYP undergraduate student, the undergraduate risk assessment form should be completed by undergraduate working in Research Labs. The student should view the prepared risk assessments and verify that he/she has done so.
- Risk assessment forms for undergraduate lab modules (chemistry major) can be downloaded here.
- Risk assessment forms for other lab modules can be downloaded here.
- Laboratory Decommissioning Notification & Verification Form
- Transponder Loan and Access Form
- MD1 Access Form
- Roll Call Form
- Letter of Authorisation for Collection of Solvents & Chemicals
- Lab Sign Generator Form
- Lab Self-Checklist Form
- Lab Handover Form
- Lab Clearance Form
- Carcinogen Usage Record Form
- Authorization form for Occupational Health Services
- Accident/ Incident Reporting System
- Procurement - Letter of Justification
For Calling Fewer Than 3 Quotations For Purchases Of More Than S$5,000 But Not Exceeding S$15,000 (before GST)
- Wearing of Respiratory Protection Masks