Administered by National Environmental Agency.
Summary of the Act
- Regulates purchase and use of toxic and environmentally hazardous chemicals.
- All hazardous chemicals must not be bought or used without approval and license applied for through Faculty Safety and Health Officers.
Required to keep a record of the quantity of the hazardous substances
Storage of the hazardous substances
- for the approved purpose
- in the approved container
- in an area entry restricted to authorized personnel
- with labeling stated in the code of labeling
Personnel are to receive adequate instruction and training to understand the nature of all the hazardous chemicals being stored and the emergency response plan to be implemented in the event of any emergency involving any hazardous substances stored.
Establish and keep up-to-date adequate emergency response plan to deal with any spillage.