Chemicals Weapons Convention
Administered by the Singapore National Authority for the Chemical Weapons Convention.
Summary of the Act
- The Principal Investigator (PI) will seek approval by OSHE prior to the purchase of any chemicals listed under the Chemical Weapons (Prohibition) Act.
- PI must inform OSHE if he or she intends to use the chemicals of purposes either than those stipulated in the initial application
- A copy of the MSDS provided by the supplier must be made available in hardcopy in the laboratory at all times.
- The Principal Investigator must inform OSHE of the transfer of ownership of the scheduled chemicals .The Principal Investigator must inform OSHE of the loss of any scheduled chemicals within 24 hours.
- These chemicals must be kept in a storage cabinet or fridge under lock and key. The key shall be kept by the Principal Investigator. Only personnel authorized by the Principal Investigator will be allowed to use the chemical weapon.
Inventory Control of Scheduled Chemicals
- The logbook system is implemented for each chemical weapon that is used in the laboratory.
- Inventory records shall be regularly updated
- The Chemical Weapon Logbook must contain the following information:
- Name of chemical weapon in both common name and scientific name
- Chemical weapon formula or composition
- Date of purchase
- Original quantity of chemical weapon purchased
- Date of usage of the chemical weapon
- Quantity of usage of the chemical weapon
- Name of personnel using the chemical weapon
- Activity level of the chemical weapon (radioactive source) and date of measurement if applicable
- Location where the chemical weapon is kept
- Name of person responsible of the chemical weapon
- Name of person responsible for the key to where the chemical weapon is kept
- Transfer of ownership or location record