Administered by HSA-CDA.
Summary of the Act
- Regulates substances classified under Poisons (potent medical substances).
- All poisons must be kept under lock and key in a designated poison cupboard.
- Records of toxins and flammable chemicals must be kept
The poison must be kept:
- in a bottle or other vessel tied over, capped, locked or otherwise safely secured in a manner different from that in which bottles or vessels containing non-poisonous substances are secured in the same warehouse.
- in a bottle or other vessel readily distinguishable by touch from the bottles or vessels in which non-poisonous substances are kept in the same warehouse.
- in a bottle, vessel, box or package kept in a room or cupboard under lock and key set apart for the keeping or storage of dangerous substances.