Assistant Professor Goki EDA
Department of Chemistry, NUS
3 Science Drive 3
Tel: (65) 6516 2970
Fax: (65) 6777 6126
Research in our group focuses on various aspects of low dimensional materials. The over-arching theme is the translation of unusual characteristics of low dimensional materials into technology. Our primary aim is to explore fundamental phenomena, which may be associated with quantum confinement effects, nano-scale geometry, molecular structures, disorder, surfaces and interfaces, with a view to exploiting them for various technological applications.
Our recent research has focused on investigating the electronic and opto-electronic properties of two-dimensional (2D) materials such as graphene and transition metal dichalcogenide nanosheets. We developed a solution-based approach to synthesize and assemble these materials and investigated various aspects of their electrical, optical, and electro-physical properties such as charge transport, photoluminescence, and field emission.
- G. Eda, H. Yamaguchi, D. Voiry, F. Takeshi, M. Chen and M. Chhowalla “Photoluminescence from chemically exfoliated MoS2” Nano Lett. (DOI: 10.1021/nl201874w)
- G. Eda and M. Chhowalla “Graphene Patchwork” ACS nano 5, 4265 (2011).
- H. Yamaguchi, K. Murakami, G. Eda, T. Fujita, P. Guan, W. Wang, C. Gong, J. Boisse, S. Miller, M. Acik, K. Cho, Y. J. Chabal, M. Chen, F. Wakaya, M. Takai and M. Chhowalla “Field emission of coherent electrons from atomically thin graphene edges” ACS nano 5, 4945 (2011).
- P. H. Wöbkenberg, G. Eda, D.-S. Leem, J. C. de Mello, D. D. C. Bradley, M. Chhowalla and T. D. Anthopoulos “Reduced graphene oxide electrodes for large area organic electronics” Adv. Mater. 23, 1558 (2011).
- K. P. Loh, Q. Bao, G. Eda, and M. Chhowalla “Graphene Oxide as a Chemically Tunable Platform for Optical Applications” Nat. Chem. 2, 1015 (2010).
- G. Eda and M. Chhowalla “Chemically derived graphene oxide: Towards large-area thin film electronics and opto-electronics” Adv. Mater. 22, 2392 (2010).
- G. Eda, Y.-Y. Lin, C. Mattevi, H. Yamaguchi, H.-A. Chen, I.-S. Chen, C.-W. Chen, and M. Chhowalla “Blue photoluminescence from chemically derived graphene oxide” Adv. Mater. 22, 505-509 (2009).
- G. Eda, C. Mattevi, H. Yamaguchi, H. Kim and M. Chhowalla “Insulator to semi-metal transition in graphene oxide” J. Phys. Chem. C 113, 15768 (2009).
- G. Eda and M. Chhowalla “Graphene-based composite thin films for electronics” Nano Lett. 9, 814-818 (2009).
- G. Eda, G. Fanchini and M. Chhowalla “Large-area ultrathin films of reduced graphene oxide as a transparent and flexible electronic material” Nature Nanotech. 3, 270-274 (2008).
Postdoctoral and PhD positions are available in my group in Physics/Chemistry Department and Graphene Research Centre. See our group website for details (http://www.physics.nus.edu.sg/~phyeda/index.html