Assistant Professor GE Shaozhong
B.Sc., University of Science and Technology of China, 2002; M. Sci., Åbo Akademi University, 2004; Ph.D, University of Groningen, 2009; Postdoctoral, University of California at Berkeley and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010-2014.
Tel: (65)-6516-7761 |
Email: email@example.com | Personal webpage
Organometallic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Homogeneous Catalysis, Asymmetric Catalysis. The GE Research Group at NUS aims to discover and understand transition-metal-catalyzed reactions of organic molecules. We will focus on the development of practical first-row metal-catalyzed reactions that address problems encountered in the synthesis of complex organic molecules and drug discovery. Our approaches to reaction discovery will involve identification and synthesis of potential organometallic intermediates, the systematic study of their reactivity, and the detailed kinetic and mechanistic study. Ultimately, our goal is to provide synthetic organic chemists with new catalysts and new organic reactions of practical applications in chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
Our focus on both fundamental and practical aspects of our reaction discovery provides an opportunity for students in my group to get trained and expertized in various aspects of organometallic chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, and physical organic chemistry.
- CM4225 Organic Spectroscopy
- CM5225 Asymmetric Catalysis
- Teo, W. J.; Ge, S. “Cobalt-Catalyzed Diborylation of 1,1-Disubstituted Vinylarenes: A Practical Access to Branched gem-Bis(boryl)alkanes” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 1654–1658.
- Sang, H. L.; Yu, S.; Ge, S. “Cobalt-Catalyzed Stereoconvergent Markovnikov Hydrosilylation of Conjugated Dienes” Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 973–978.
- Wang, C.; Teo, W. J.; Ge, S. “Access to (Z)-Allylsilanes and (Z)-Allylic Alcohols Via Cobalt-Catalyzed Regioselective Hydrosilylation of Allenes” Nat. Commun. 2017, 8, 2258 (DOI:10.1038/s41467-017-02382-7).
- Yu, S.; Sang, H. L.; Ge, S. “Enantioselective Copper-Catalyzed Alkylation of Quinoline N-Oxides with Vinylarenes” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 15896–15900. [Highlighted by Synfacts]
- Yu, S.; Wu, C.; Ge, S. “Cobalt-Catalyzed Asymmetric Hydroboration/Cyclization of 1,6-Enynes with Pinacolborane” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 6526–6529. [Highlighted by Synfacts]
- Teo, W. J.; Wang, C.; Tan, Y. W.; Ge, S. “Cobalt-Catalyzed Z-Selective Hydrosilylation of Terminal Alkynes” Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 4328–4332. [Highlighted by Synfacts]
- Wang, C.; Teo, W. J.; Ge, S. “Cobalt-Catalyzed Regiodivergent Hydrosilylation of Vinylarenes and Aliphatic Alkenes: Ligand- and Silane-Dependent Regioselectivities” ACS Catal. 2017, 7, 855–863.
- Wang, C.; Wu, C.; Ge, S. “Iron-Catalyzed E-Selective Dehydrogenative Borylation of Vinylarenes with Pinacolborane” ACS Catal. 2016, 6, 7585–7589.