Professor JIANG Donglin
Ph.D, The University of Tokyo; Postdoctoral, The University of Tokyo
Tel: (65)-6516-5855 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- The 34th Chemical Society of Japan Award for Creative Works, 2017
- Young Scientist Prize, Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, 2006
- Wiley Award, Society of Polymer Science, Japan, 2006
- Young Scientist Lectureship, Chemical Society of Japan, 2000
- Two-dimensional organic polymers including their design, synthesis, functions and applications
- Covalent organic frameworks including their chemistry, physics and materials
The general strategy for designing 2D organic polymers and covalent organic frameworks. Covalent organic frameworks (COFs) are a class of crystalline porous polymers that allow the atomically precise integration of organic units into extended structures with periodic skeletons and ordered nanochannels. One significant feature of COFs is that they are predesignable for combining the geometry and dimension of building blocks to direct the topological evolution of structural periodicity. The diversity of building blocks, scope of covalent linkages, and variety of topology schemes make COFs an emerging materials platform for structural control and functional design. Indeed, COF architectures offer confined molecular space for the interplay with photons, excitons, electrons, holes, spins, ions, and guest molecules, thereby enabling various unique properties and functions. We summarize the major progress in the COFs field and recent achievements in developing new design principles and synthetic strategies. We highlight cutting-edge functional explorations and identify fundamental issues that need to be addressed in conjunction with future research directions from chemistry, physics, and materials perspectives (Nature Reviews Materials 1, 16068 (2016).
- Jin, E.; Li, J.; Geng, K.; Jiang, Q.; Xu, H.; Xu, Q.; Jiang, D.* Designed Synthesis of Stable Light-Emitting Two-Dimensional sp2 Carbon-Conjugated Covalent Organic Frameworks, Nature Commun. 2018, accepted.
- Jin, E.; Asada, M.; Xu, Q.; Dalapati, S.; Addicoat, M. A.; Brady, M. A.; Xu, H.; Nakamura, T.; Heine, T.; Chen, Q.; Jiang, D.* Two-Dimensional sp2 Carbon-Conjugated Covalent Organic Frameworks. Science 2017, 357, 673-676.
- Huang, N.; Wang, P.; Jiang, D.* Covalent Organic Frameworks: A Materials Platform for Structural and Functional Designs. Nat. Rev. Mater. 2016, 1, 16068.
- Huang, N.; Zhai, L.; Coupry, D. E.; Addicoat, M. A.; Okushita, K.; Nishimura, K.; Heine, T.; Jiang, D.* Multiple-Component Covalent Organic Frameworks. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 12325.
- Xu, H.; Tao, S.; Jiang D.* Proton Conductions in Crystalline and Porous Covalent Organic Frameworks. Nat. Mater. 2016, 15, 722-727.