Assistant Professor YANG Hongshun
B.S., Anhui Science and Technology University, 1998; M.S., Henan University of Technology, 2002; Ph.D., Refrigeration & Cryogenics Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2005; Ph.D., Food Science, University of Minnesota, 2012; Postdoctoral, University of Maryland, 2013; Auburn University, 2006-2008.
Tel: (65)-6516-4695 |
Email: email@example.com | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Member of Editorial Board, LWT-Food Science and Technology, Elsevier, 2017-present
- NJC Partner Award, National Junior College, Singapore, 2017
- The Most Valuable Partner Award, Guangzhou Welbon Biological Technology Co., Ltd, 2017
- Outstanding Collaborator Award, Guangzhou Welbon Biological Technology Co., Ltd, 2016
- Certificate of Appreciation, Y G C Group (S) Pte. Ltd, 2015
- PepsiCo Global Research Competition Award, PepsiCo., Inc., 2011
My overall research interests are food processing and safety engineering. Specific foci are: Organic and/or Sustainable Food Processing; Food Safety Engineering.
Ref: Lin, M.; Tay, S. H.; Yang, H.; Yang, B., Li, H. Development of eggless cakes suitable for lacto-vegetarians using isolated pea proteins. Food Hydrocolloid. 2017, 69, 440-449.
Eggs are important components of cakes. However, some consumers cannot enjoy traditional cakes made with eggs due to religious beliefs and health concerns. Isolated pea protein (PPI), xanthan gum (XN), and emulsifier mixtures were investigated to prepare eggless cakes. The eggless cake recipe containing PPI+0.1% XN+1% soy lecithin was considered as a potential candidate recipe for substituting eggs in cakes.
- FST1103 Fundamentals of Food Engineering
- FST3105 Food Product Development and Packaging
- FST3106 Sensory and Flavour Science
- Yang, Z.; Yang, H.; Yang, H., Effect of sucrose addition on the rheology and microstructure of κ-carrageenan gel. Food Hydrocolloid. 2018, 75, 164-173.
- Yang, Z.; Yang, H.; Yang, H., Characterisation of rheology and microstructures of κ-carrageenan in ethanol-water mixtures. Food Res. Int. 2018,107, 738-746.
- Liu, Q.; Wu, J.; Lim, Z.Y.; Lai, S.; Lee, N.; Yang, H., Metabolite profiling of Listeria innocua for unravelling the inactivation mechanism of electrolysed water by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 2018, 271, 24-32.
- Yu, X.; Yang, H., Pyrethroid residue determination in organic and conventional vegetables using liquid-solid extraction coupled with magnetic solid phase extraction based on polystyrene-coated magnetic nanoparticles. Food Chem. 2017, 217, 303-310.
- Yang, H.; Wu, Q.; Ng, L.Y.; Wang, S., Effects of vacuum impregnation with calcium lactate and pectin methylesterase on quality attributes and chelate-soluble pectin morphology of fresh-cut papayas. Food and Bioprocess Tech. 2017, 10, 901-913.
- Feng, X.; Fu, C.; Yang, H., Gelatin addition improves nutrient retention, texture and mass transfer of fish balls without altering their nanostructure during boiling. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2017, 77, 142-151.
- Zhang, J.; Zhou, S.; Chen, R.; Yang, H., Development of a portable electrolytic sanitising unit for the production of neutral electrolysed water. LWT-Food Sci. Technol. 2017, 82, 207-215.