Associate Professor ANG Wee Han
(Deputy Head – Administration and Student Life)
B.Sc.(Hons), Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, 1992-1995; Ph.D., Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 2003-2007; NUS Overseas Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2007-2009.
Tel: (65)-6516-5131 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- EPFL Doctorate Prize, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2008
- Member, Asian Biological Inorganic Chemistry Steering Committee, 2016-present
- Chair, AsBIC-9 Conference in Singapore, 2018
We are interested in the development of therapeutic metallopharmaceuticals and techniques to investigate the interactions of transition metal-based drugs with their biological targets.
Ref: Chow, M. J.; Alfiean, M.; Pastorin, G.; Gaiddon, C.; Ang, W. H. Apoptosis-Independent Organoruthenium Anticancer Complexes that Overcome Multidrug Resistance: Self-assembly and Phenotypic Screening Strategies. Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 3641-3649.
Multidrug resistance is a major impediment to chemotherapy and limits the efficacies of conventional anticancer drugs. A phenotypic screening strategy was developed to identify new drug candidates capable of inducing apoptosis-independent programmed cell death and therefore bypass multidrug resistance is to develop.
- CM5211 Contemporary Organometallic Chemistry
- CM5198 Graduate Seminar in Chemistry
- Chow, M. J.; Alfiean, M.; Pastorin, G.; Gaiddon, C.; Ang, W. H. Apoptosis-Independent Organoruthenium Anticancer Complexes that Overcome Multidrug Resistance: Self-assembly and Phenotypic Screening Strategies. Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 3641-3649.
- Chow, M. J.; Licona, C.; Pastorin, G.; Mellitzer, G.; Ang, W. H.; Gaiddon, C. Structural Tuning of Organoruthenium Compounds Allows Oxidative Switch to Control ER Stress Pathways and Bypass Multidrug Resistance. Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 4117-4124.
- Wong, D. Y. Q.; Ong, W. W. F.; Ang, W. H. Induction of Immunogenic Cell Death by Chemotherapeutic Platinum Complexes. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54 (22), 6483-6487.
- Wong, D. Y. Q.; Lim, J. H.; Ang, W. H. Induction of Targeted Necrosis with HER2-Targeted Platinum(IV) Anticancer Prodrugs. Chem. Sci. 2015, 6, 3051-3056.
- Chow, M. J.; Licona, C.; Wong, D. Y. Q.; Pastorin, G.; Gaiddon, C.; Ang, W. H. Discovery and Investigation of Anticancer Ruthenium-Arene Schiff-Base Complexes via Water-Promoted Combinatorial Three-Component Assembly. J. Med. Chem. 2014, 57, 6043-6059.
- Wong, D. Y. Q.; Yeo, C. H. F.; Ang, W. H. Immuno-Chemotherapeutic Platinum(IV) Prodrugs of Cisplatin as Multimodal Anticancer Agents. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 6752-6756.
- Chin, C. F.; Yap, S. Q.; Li, J.; Pastorin, G.; Ang, W. H. Ratiometric Delivery of Cisplatin and Doxorubicin Using Tumour-Targeting Carbon-Nanotubes Entrapping Platinum(IV) Prodrugs. Chem. Sci. 2014, 5, 2265-2270.
- Montagner, D.; Yap, S. Q.; Ang, W. H. A Fluorescent Probe for Investigating the Activation of Anticancer Platinum(IV) Prodrugs Based on the Cisplatin Scaffold. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 11785-11789.