Professor LEE Hian Kee
B.Sc., University of Canterbury, 1978; Ph.D., University of Canterbury, 1982; Special Volunteer, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA, 1991/1992
Tel: (65)-6516-2995 |
Recognition and Achievements
- NUS Provost’s Term Chair Professor, 2011-2014
- Editor, Journal of Chromatography A, 2010 - current; Editorial Board, Journal of Chromatography A, 2004 - 2010
- Member, Editorial Boards, Chemical Data Collections, 2015 - current; Talanta, 2017 - current; International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, 2017 - current
- Editor, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2005 - 2011; Editorial Advisor, Analytica Chimica Acta, 2003 - 2005
- Member, Advisory Board, Analytical Sciences, 2004 - current
- Member, Editorial Advisory Boards, LC·GC Asia Pacific, 2006 - current; LC·GC Europe, 2008 - current
- Member, International Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, 2011 - current
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Advanced Research, 2010 - current
- Member, International Advisory Board, Analyst, 1997 - 2008
- NUS Outstanding Researcher Award, 2006
- NUS Faculty of Science Outstanding Scientist Award, 2009
- Federation of Asian Chemical Societies Foundation Award, 2009
- Hyflux-Singapore National Institute of Chemistry Award in Environmental Chemistry, 2013
- The Analytical Scientist Power List: “100 Most Influential People in the Analytical Sciences,” 2013, 2015
- Elected Fellow: Royal Society of Chemistry, Singapore National Academy of Science, Academy of Sciences Malaysia
Our main focus lies in the development and applications of miniaturized, solvent-minimized sample preparation procedures in combination with chromatography. A primary objective is to apply these methods particularly to the analysis of contaminants of emerging concern. Our present interest includes the development of seamless, integrated automated analytical platforms for water quality monitoring applications
Ref.: Tang, S. et al, Smartphone Nanocolorimetric Determination of Hydrogen Sulfide in Biosamples after Silver–Gold Core–Shell Nanoprism-Based Headspace Single-Drop Microextraction. Anal. Chem, 2019, 91, 5888-5895. This paper describes the development of a sensitive procedure for the silver-gold core-shell nanoprism-based single-drop microextraction of hydrogen sulfide from spoiled egg and milk, followed by analysis using a smartphone as a nano-colorimetric tool.
- CM5152 Water Chemistry and Environment
- CM5244 Topics in Environmental Chemistry
- Tang, S. et al, Smartphone Nanocolorimetric Determination of Hydrogen Sulfide in Biosamples after Silver–Gold Core–Shell Nanoprism-Based Headspace Single-Drop Microextraction. Anal. Chem. 2019, 91, 5888-5895.
- Liew, C. S. M.; Li, X.; Zhang, H.; Lee, H. K., A Fully Automated Analytical Platform Integrating Water Sampling-Miniscale-Liquid-Liquid Extraction-Full Evaporation Dynamic Headspace Concentration-Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry for the Analysis of Ultraviolet Filters. Anal. Chim. Acta 2018, 1006, 33-41.
- Liew, C. S. M.; Li, X.; Lee, H. K. Miniscale Liquid-liquid Extraction Coupled with Full Evaporation Dynamic Headspace Extraction for the Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons with 4000- to 14000-Fold Enrichment. Anal. Chem. 2016, 88, 9095-9102.
- Guo, L.; binte Nawi, N.; Lee, H. K. Fully Automated Headspace Bubble-In-Drop Microextraction. Anal. Chem. 2016, 88, 8409-8414.
- Guo, L.; Chia, S.H.; Lee, H. K. Automated Agitation-Assisted Demulsification Dispersive Liquid-Liquid Microextraction. Anal. Chem. 2016, 88, 2548-2552.
- Tang, S.; Chia, G. H.; Chang, Y. P.; Lee, H. K., Automated Dispersive Solid-Phase Extraction Using Dissolvable Fe3O4-Layered Double Hydroxide Core-Shell Microspheres as Sorbent. Anal. Chem. 2014, 86, 11070-11076.
- Tang, S.; Lee, H. K. Application of Dissolvable Layered Double Hydroxides as Sorbent in Dispersive Solid-Phase Extraction and Extraction by Co-Precipitation for the Determination of Aromatic Acid Anions. Anal. Chem. 2013, 85, 7426-7433.
- Lee, J.; Lee, H. K. Fully Automated Dynamic In-Syringe Liquid-Phase Microextraction and On-Column Derivatization of Carbamate Pesticides with Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometric Analysis. Anal. Chem. 2011, 83, 6856-6861.
- Shen, G.; Lee, H. K. Hollow Fiber-Protected Liquid-Phase Microextraction of Triazine Herbicides. Anal. Chem. 2002, 74, 648-654.
- He, Y.; Lee, H. K. Liquid-Phase Microextraction in a Single Drop of Organic Solvent by Using a Conventional Microsyringe. Anal. Chem. 1997, 69, 4634-4640.