Associate Professor LIU Shao Quan
B.Sc. South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, China, 1985; M.Sc. Massey University, New Zealand, 1990; Ph.D, Massey University, New Zealand, 1994; Postdoctoral Fellow, New Zealand Dairy Research Institute, 1994-1997.
Tel: (65)-6516-2687 |
General interests are food science and technology. Specific foci are:
- Flavour modulation (e.g. tea, coffee, palm kernel oil)
- Food and beverage fermentation (e.g. probiotic beer, fruit wine, meat sauce)
- Valorisation of food processing side streams (e.g. okara, tofu whey)
Ref: Toh, M. Z.; Liu, S.-Q. Influence of commercial inactivated yeast derivatives on the survival of probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus HN001 in an acidic environment. AMB Express 2017, 7, 156.
Reduction of L. rhamnosus HN001 viability after 10-h exposure to PBS adjusted to pH 3.0 with lactic acid at 30 °C in the presence of whole extract, water-soluble (supernatant) and insoluble fraction (pellets) of 0.3% IYDs. Different lowercase letters indicate significant differences (P < 0.05). Values are the mean of triplicate experiments (n = 3), with error bars representing the standard deviations of the mean values.
- FST3101 Food Microbiology & Fermentation
- FST3106 Sensory and Flavour Science
- FST5202 Advanced Food Fermentation
- Lee, L. W. W.; Liu, X. S.; Wong, W. S. E.; Liu, S.-Q. Effects of Sucrose Monopalmitate (P90), Tween 80 and Modified Starch on Coffee Aroma Retention and Release in Coffee Oil-Based Emulsions. Food Hydrocolloids 2017, 66, 128-135.
- Lu, Y. Y.; Chua, J. Y.; Huang, D. J.; Lee, P. R.; Liu, S.-Q. Chemical Consequences of Three Commercial Strains of Oenococcus oeni Co-Inoculated with Torulaspora Delbrueckii in Durian Wine Fermentation. Food Chem. 2017, 215, 209-218.
- Toh, M. Z.; Liu, S.-Q. Influence of Commercial Inactivated Yeast Derivatives on the Survival of Probiotic Lactobacillus Rhamnosus HN001 in an Acidic Environment. AMB Express 2017, 7, 156.
- Vong, W. C.; Lim, X. Y.; Liu, S.-Q. Biotransformation with Cellulase, Hemicellulase and Yarrowia Lipolytica Boosts Health Benefits of Okara. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 2017, 101, 7129-7140
- Zhang, W.; Zhao, F.; Yang, T.; Zhao F.; Liu, S.-Q. Pentopan Mono MG Pretreatment Modified the Aroma of Palm Kernel Oil after Kernel Roasting. LWT – Food Sci. Technol. 2017, 86, 577-585.