Professor LU Yixin
(Vice Dean - Graduate Studies and Safety)
B.Sc., Fudan University, M.Sc., Dalian University of Technology, Ph.D., McGill University, Postdoctoral Fellow, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal; Nagoya University
Tel: (65)-6516-1569 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Accounts of Chemical Research
- NRF Investigatorship Award 2018
- Asian Core Program Lectureship Award to Japan, Korean, China & Taiwan, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2016
- Dean’s Chair Professorship, 2013
- GSK-SNIC Award in Organic Chemistry, 2013
- Outstanding Scientist Award & Young Scientist Award, Faculty of Science, NUS, 2013 & 2009
- Outstanding Chemist Award & Young Chemist Award, Department of Chemistry, NUS, 2011, 2010
Main areas of study are asymmetric organocatalysis//medicinal chemistry. Specific foci include organocatalytic asymmetric reactions & development of analgesics and anti-cancer agents.
Ref: Wang, T.; Yu, Z.; Hoon, D. L.; Phee C. Y.; Lan, Y.; Lu, Y. Regiodivergent Enantioselective g-Additions of Oxazolones to 2,3-Butadienoates Catalyzed by Phosphines: Synthesis of a,a-Disubstituted a-Amino Acids and N,O-Acetal Derivatives. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 265-271.
Phosphine-catalyzed regiodivergent enantioselective C-2- and C-4-selective g-additions of oxazolones to 2,3-butadienoates have been developed. The C-4-selective g-addition of oxazolones occurred in a highly enantioselective manner when 2-aryl-4-alkyl oxazol-5-(4H)-ones were employed as pronucleophiles. With the employment of 2-alkyl-4-aryl oxazol-5-(4H)-ones as the donor, C-2-selective g-addition of oxazolones took place in a highly enantioselective manner.
- Yao, W.; Dou, X.; Wen, S.; Wu, J.; Lu, Y. Enantioselective Desymmetrization of Cyclohexadienones via an Intramolecular Rauhut–Currier Reaction of Allenoates. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 13024.
- Wang, T.; Han, X.; Zhong, F.; Yao, W.; Lu, Y. Amino Acid-derived Bifunctional Phosphines for Enantioselective Transformations. Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 1369.
- Han, X.; Chan, W.-L.; Yao, W., Wang, Y.; Lu, Y. Phosphine-Mediated Highly Enantioselective Spirocyclization with Ketimines as Substrates. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6492.
- Dou, X.; Lu, Y.; Hayashi, T. Base Free Conditions for Rhodium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Arylation to Produce Stereochemically Labile α-Aryl Ketones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6739.
- Yao, W.; Dou, X.; Lu, Y. Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of 3,4-Dihydropyrans through a Phosphine-Catalyzed [4+2] Annulation of Allenones and b,g-Unsaturated a-Keto Esters. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 54.
- Wang, T. L.; Yao, W. J.; Zhong, F. R.; Pang, G. H.; Lu, Y. X. Phosphine-Catalyzed Enantioselective gamma-Addition of 3-Substituted Oxindoles to 2,3-Butadienoates and 2-Butynoates: Use of Prochiral Nucleophiles. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 2964-2968.
- Han, X. Y.; Yao, W. J.; Wang, T. L.; Tan, Y. R.; Yan, Z. Y.; Kwiatkowski, J.; Lu, Y. X. Asymmetric Synthesis of Spiropyrazolones through Phosphine-Catalyzed [4+1] Annulation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 5643-5647.