Professor LU Yixin
(Vice Dean - Graduate Studies and Safety)
B.Sc., Fudan University, M.Sc., Dalian University of Technology, Ph.D., McGill University, Postdoctoral Fellow, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal; Nagoya University
Tel: (65)-6516-1569 |
Email: email@example.com | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Editorial Advisory Board Member, Accounts of Chemical Research
- NRF Investigatorship Award 2018
- Asian Core Program Lectureship Award to Japan, Korean, China & Taiwan, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2016
- Dean’s Chair Professorship, 2013
- GSK-SNIC Award in Organic Chemistry, 2013
- Outstanding Scientist Award & Young Scientist Award, Faculty of Science, NUS, 2013 & 2009
- Outstanding Chemist Award & Young Chemist Award, Department of Chemistry, NUS, 2011, 2010
Main areas of study are asymmetric organocatalysis//medicinal chemistry. Specific foci include organocatalytic asymmetric reactions & development of anti-cancer/analgesics agents.
Ref: Ni, H.; Chan, W.-L.; Lu, Y. Phosphine-catalyzed Asymmetric Organic Reactions. Chem. Rev. 2018, 118, 9344-9411.
Asymmetric phosphine catalysis showcasing remarkable progress over the past two decades has emerged as a key synthetic platform for the creation of molecular frameworks encountered in medicinal chemistry and materials science. We provide a comprehensive summary, with a very aim to trigger more intensive research in the future to render asymmetric phosphine catalysis one of the most common and reliable tools to organic chemists.
- Ni, H.; Tang, X.; Zheng, W.; Yao, W.; Ullah, N.; Lu, Y. Enantioselective Phosphine-Catalyzed Formal [4+4] Annulation of ,-Unsaturated Imines and Allene Ketones: Construction of Eight-membered Rings. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 14222.
- Yao, W.; Dou, X.; Wen, S.; Wu, J.; Lu, Y. Enantioselective Desymmetrization of Cyclohexadienones via an Intramolecular Rauhut–Currier Reaction of Allenoates. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 13024.
- Wang, T.; Han, X.; Zhong, F.; Yao, W.; Lu, Y. Amino Acid-derived Bifunctional Phosphines for Enantioselective Transformations. Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 1369.
- Han, X.; Chan, W.-L.; Yao, W., Wang, Y.; Lu, Y. Phosphine-Mediated Highly Enantioselective Spirocyclization with Ketimines as Substrates. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6492.
- Dou, X.; Lu, Y.; Hayashi, T. Base Free Conditions for Rhodium-Catalyzed Asymmetric Arylation to Produce Stereochemically Labile α-Aryl Ketones. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 6739.
- Yao, W.; Dou, X.; Lu, Y. Highly Enantioselective Synthesis of 3,4-Dihydropyrans through a Phosphine-Catalyzed [4+2] Annulation of Allenones and b,g-Unsaturated a-Keto Esters. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2015, 137, 54.
- Wang, T. L.; Yao, W. J.; Zhong, F. R.; Pang, G. H.; Lu, Y. X. Phosphine-Catalyzed Enantioselective gamma-Addition of 3-Substituted Oxindoles to 2,3-Butadienoates and 2-Butynoates: Use of Prochiral Nucleophiles. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 2964-2968.
- Han, X. Y.; Yao, W. J.; Wang, T. L.; Tan, Y. R.; Yan, Z. Y.; Kwiatkowski, J.; Lu, Y. X. Asymmetric Synthesis of Spiropyrazolones through Phosphine-Catalyzed [4+1] Annulation. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 5643-5647.