Associate Professor VALIYAVEETTIL, Suresh
B.Sc. and M.Sc. Chemistry, Calicut University, India; Ph.D. University of Victoria, BC Canada; Postdoc @ Max-Planck Institute Mainz, Germany, Cornell University, New York, USA.
Tel: (65)-6516-4327 |
My research interests are:
- Cellulose and Biomaterials
- Functional polymers
- Nanomaterials, Nanosafety/Nanotoxicity
- Materials for environmental applications
Synthesis of optically active hydrophobic silica particles: We reported a correlation between optical properties with the molecular alignment and aggregation of perylene molecules inside and outside the silica nanoparticles. Ref: Sci. Rep. 2017, 7, 7842; Sci. Rep. 2016, 6, 35993; J. Mater. Chem. C 2016, 4, 11190-11197.
- CM4252 Polymer Chemistry 2
- CM5161 Advanced Chemical Laboratory Safety
- Hao, L.; Desai, M. K.; Wang, P.; Valiyaveettil S. Successive Extraction of As(V), Cu(II), and P(V) Ions from Water using Surface Modified Ghee Residue Protein. ACS Sustain. Chem. 2017, 5, 3742-3750.
- Hao, L.; Wang, P.; Valiyaveettil S. Successive Extraction of As(V), Cu(II) and P(V) Ions from Water using Spent Coffee Powder as Renewable Bioadsorbents. Sci. Rep. 2017, 7, 42881.
- Sen, C. P.; Valiyaveettil, S. Soluble Graphene Nanoribbons from Planarization of Oligophenylenes. Chem. Eur. J. 2017, 23, 1686-1693
- Sen, C. P.; Valiyaveettil, S. Synthesis, Characterization, and Structure-Property Investigation of Conformationally Rigid Regioisomers of Poly(p-Phenylene Ethynylene)s. J. Polymer Sci. A 2016, 54, 3652-3662.
- Sen, C. P., Goud, V. D., Shrestha, R. G., Shrestha, L. K., Ariga, K., Valiyaveettil, S. BODIPY Based Hyperbranched Conjugated Polymers for Detecting Organic Vapors. Polymer Chem. 2016, 7, 4213-4225.
- Sriramulu, D., Turaga, S. P., Yi, A. X ., Bettiol, A. A., Valiyaveettil, S. Synthesis, Characterization and Application of Luminescent Silica Nanomaterials. J. Mater. Chem. C, 2016, 4, 11190-11197.
- Murali, M. G., Wang, X. Z., Wang, Q., Valiyaveettil, S. New Banana Shaped A-D-p-D-A Type Organic Dyes Containing Two Anchoring Groups for High Performance Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells. Dyes and Pigments, 2016, 134, 375-381.