Associate Professor YEUNG Ying Yeung
B.Sc. (Hons), The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong; Ph.D. in Chemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong; Postdoc, Harvard University, USA
Department of Chemistry, NUS
3 Science Drive 3
Postdoctoral and Ph.D. Postions available
We are seeking self-motivated individuals who are interested in synthetic organic chemistry research at Ph.D or Postdoctoral level. Application including CV, research summary and references contact information should be submitted by mail or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our research group has board interests in synthetic organic chemistry. The main focuses are centred on novel methodologies development and complex molecules synthesis. The current research directions are:
- Electrophilic Multicomponent reactions
- Asymmetric halocyclization
- Application of the methodologies in the total synthesis of natural products and biologically active molecules
- Ling Zhou, Jie Chen, Chong Kiat Tan, and Ying-Yeung Yeung* J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 9164-9167. “Enantioselective Bromoaminocyclization Using Amino-Thiocarbamate Catalysts” (Cover Page in J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, June issue) (Highlighted in Synfact July 2011)
- Chong Kiat Tan, Ling Zhou, and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 2738-2741. “Aminothiocarbamate-Catalyzed Asymmetric Bromolactonization of 1,2-Disubstituted Olefinic Acids” (Highlighted in Synfact July 2011)
- Jie Chen, Shuyun, Ling Zhou, and and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Org. Lett. 2011, 13, ASAP. “Scope and Mechanistic Studies of Electrophilic Alkoxyetherification”
- Ling Zhou, Jie Cheng, Jing Zhou, and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 5804-5807. “N-Bromosuccinimide Promoted One-Pot Synthesis of Guanidine: Scope and Mechanism”
- Yi Zhao, Wai-Leung Yim, Chong Kiat Tan, and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 4308-4311. “An Unexpected Oxidaiton of Unactivated Methylene C-H Using DIB/TBHP protocol”
- Chong Kiat Tan, Feng Chen and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Tetrahedron Lett. 2011, 52, 4892-4895. “Studies toward Lewis Basic Thiocarbamate and Thiourea Mediated Bromolactonization: the Effect of a Trace Amount of Water on the Reactivity and Enantioselectivity”
- Chong Kiat Tan, Ling Zhou, Ying-Yeung Yeung* Synlett 2011, 1335-1339. “Organocatalytic Enantioselective Halolactonizations: Strategies of Halogen Activation” (Invited review and Highlighted in Synpacts 2011)
- Ling Zhou, Jing Zhou, Chong Kiat Tan, Jie Chen, and Ying-Yeung Yeung* Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 2448-2451. “N-Bromosuccinimide Initiated One-Pot Synthesis of Imidazoline”
- Ling Zhou, Chong Kiat Tan, Xiaojian Jiang, Feng Chen and Ying-Yeung Yeung J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 15474-15476. “Asymmetric Bromolactonization Using Amino-Thiocarbamate Catalyst” (Highlighted in Synfact Jan 2011)
- Ling Zhou, Chong Kiat Tan, Jing Zhou and Ying-Yeung Yeung J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 10245-10247. “Facile, Efficient, and Catalyst Free Electrophilic Aminoalkoxylation of Olefins: Scope and Application”
- Feng Chen, Xiaojian Jiang, Jun Cheng Er, Ying-Yeung Yeung Tetrahedron Lett. 2010, 51, 3433-3435. “Molecular Sieves as an Efficient and Recyclable Catalyst for Bromolactonization and Bromoacetoxylation Reactions”
- Yi Zhao and Ying-Yeung Yeung Org. Lett. 2010, 12, 2128-2131. “An Unprecedented Method for The Generation of tert-Butylperoxy Radical Using DIB/TBHP Protocol: Solvent Effect and Application on Allylic Oxidation”
- Rong-Jie Chein, Ying-Yeung Yeung and E. J. Corey Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 1611-1614. “Highly Enantioselective Oxazaborolidine-Catalyzed Reduction of 1,3-Dicarbonyl Compounds: Role of the Additive Diethylaniline”
- Ying-Yeung Yeung and E. J. Corey Org. Lett. 2008, 10, 3877-3878. "A Simple, Efficient, and Enantiocontrolled Synthesis of a Near-Structural Mimic of Platensimycin"
- Ying-Yeung Yeung and E. J. Corey Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 7567-7570. "An Efficient Process for the Bromolactamization of Unsaturated Acids".
- Ying-Yeung Yeung, Rong-Jie Chein, E. J. Corey J. Am .Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 10346-10347. "Conversion of Torgov's Synthesis of Estrone into a Highly Enantioselective and Efficient Process".
- Ying-Yeung Yeung, Xuri Gao, E. J. Corey J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 9644-9645. "A General Process for the Haloamidation of Olefins. Scope and Mechanism" (Most-accessed article from the JACS in Jul-Sep 2006).
- Ying-Yeung Yeung, Sungwoo Hong, E. J. Corey J. Am .Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 6310-6311. "A Short Enantioselective Pathway for the Synthesis of the Anti-Influenza Neuramidase Inhibitor Oseltamivir from 1,3-Butadiene and Acrylic Acid" (1st Most-accessed article from the JACS in the year of 2006) Highlighted in Science 2006, 312, 382; C&EN 2006, 84(5), 5; 2006, 84(51), 18.
- T. K. M. Shing, Ying-Yeung Yeung Chem. Eur. J. 2006, 12, 8367-8377. "Synthetic Studies towards Pentacyclic Quassinoids: Total Synthesis of Unnatural (-)-14-epi-Samaderine E and Natural (-)-Samaderine Y from (S)-(+)-Carovne".
- T. K. M. Shing, Ying-Yeung Yeung, P. L. Su. Org. Lett. 2006, 8, 3149-3151. "Mild Manganese(III) Acetate Catalyzed Allylic Oxidation: Application to Simple and Complex Alkenes".
- T. K. M. Shing, Ying-Yeung Yeung Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2005, 44, 7981-7984. "Total Synthesis of (-)-Samaderine Y from (S)-(+)-Carvone".
- T. K. M. Shing, X. Y. Zhu, Ying-Yeung Yeung Chem. Eur. J. 2003, 9, 5489-5500. "Studies towards Simalikalactone D and Quassimarin: Construction of an Advanced Pentacyclic Intermediate".
- H. F. Chow, C. W. Wan, K. H. Low, Ying-Yeung Yeung J. Org. Chem. 2001, 66, 1910-1913. "A Highly Selective Synthesis of Diarylethynes and Their Oligomers by a Palladium-Catalyzed Sonogashira Coupling Reaction under Phase Transfer Conditions".
- T. K. M. Shing, Ying-Yeung Yeung. "A chapter of Methyl Cyanoformate in Encyclopedia of Reagents e-EROS for Organic synthesis".