Associate Professor CHI Chunyan
Ph.D, Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research, Germany, 2004; Postdoctoral, University of California at Santa Barbara, USA, 2007.
Tel: (65)-6516-5375 |
Email: email@example.com | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- International Advisory Board Member, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2017-present
- Distinguished Lectureship Award from Chemical Society of Japan, 2017
- Department Young Chemist Award, Department of Chemistry, NUS, 2016
- Asian Core Program Lectureship Award from Japan, China and Taiwan, 2013 & 2014
We are interested in the development of novel pi-structures and synthesis of high performance conjugated materials for organic electronics and sensors.
Ref.: Yuan, L.; Han, Y.; Tao, T.; Phan, H.; Chi, C.*, Formation of a Macrocycles-in-a-Macrocycle Superstructure with All-gauche Conformation by Reversible Radical Association. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2018, 57, 9023-9027.
An unprecedented macrocycles-in-a-macrocycle (MIM) superstructure was formed by reversible radical-radical association of a triphenylamine based monomer terminated with three dicyanomethyl radicals (1
). The reaction yield is nearly quantitative and the obtained macrocycle (2
) contains three small dimeric macrocycles. The six monomer molecules are linked by nine long dynamic covalent C-C bonds which all adopt a gauche conformation. Two enantiomers with left- / right-handed chirality exist in the single crystals of 2
- CM3252 Polymer Chemistry 1
- CM4258 Advanced Polymer Science
- CM5268 Advanced Organic Materials
- Yuan, L.; Han, Y.; Tao, T.; Phan, H.; Chi, C., Formation of a Macrocycles-in-a-Macrocycle Superstructure with All-gauche Conformation by Reversible Radical Association. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2018, 57, 9023-9027.
- Wang, Q.; Gopalakrishna, T. Y.; Phan, H.; Herng, T. S.; Dong, S.; Ding, J.; Chi, C., Cyclopenta Ring Fused Bisanthene and Its Charged Species with Open-Shell Singlet Diradical Character and Global Aromaticity/ Anti-Aromaticity. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2017, 56, 11415-11419.
- Dong, S.; Herng, T. S.; Gopalakrishna, T. Y.; Phan, H.; Lim, Z. L.; Hu, P.; Webster, R. D.; Ding, J.; Chi, C., Extended Bis(benzothia)quinodimethanes and Their Dications: From Singlet Diradicaloids to Isoelectronic Structures of Long Acenes. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2016, 55, 9316-9320. [Hot Paper]
- Dai, G.; Chang, J.; Luo, J.; Dong, S.; Aratani, N.; Zheng, B.; Huang, K.-W.; Yamada, H.; Chi, C., Z-Shaped Pentaleno- Acene Dimers with High Stability and Low Band Gap. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 55, 2693-2696. [Highlighted in SYNFACTS 2016, 12, 0360].
- Shi, X.; Kueh, W.; Zheng, B.; Huang, K.W.; Chi, C., Dipolar Quinoidal Acene Analogues as Stable Isoelectronic Structures of Pentacene and Nonacene. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2015, 54, 14412-14416. [Highlighted in SYNFACTS 2016, 12, 0034].