Professor Jagadese J. VITTAL
B.Sc., University of Madras, 1975; M.Sc., Madurai University, 1977; Ph.D., I. I. Sc. Bangalore, 1982.
Tel: (65)-6516-2975 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Outstanding Researcher Award, NUS, 2011
- World Class University Chair Professor, Gyeongsang National University, S. Korea (2009-2013)
- Editorial Board Member, Crystal Growth & Design, from 2012
- Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports, from 2016
- Erudite Scholar-in-Residence, Kerala State Higher Education Council, India, 2011
Solid state reactivity, inorganic nanomaterials and metal-organic framework (MOF) materials. Current interests include solid-state reactivity, photochemistry and structural transformations, gels and fibers & energy storage materials. Currently we are interested in designing multifunctional materials showing multi-photon absorption, second harmonic generation (SHG) and third harmonic generation (THG) properties, and creating non-centrosymmetry via defects in CPs and MOFs.
A pair of asymmetrical terminal ligands like 4-styrylpyridine can be aligned either in a head-to-head (HH) or head-to-tail (HT) manner giving raise to two different cyclobutane rings. When these ligands are disposed in both ways which reaction will prevail in the solid state [2+2] cycloaddition reaction? This has been illustrated with two pairs of fishes and decorated the cover page of July issue of Crystal Growth & Design, 2018, 18, 3661-3667).
- CM5212 Crystal Engineering
- Peedikakkal, A.M. P., Quah, H.S., Chia, S., Jalilov, A.S., Shaikh, A.R., Al-Mohsin, H.A., Yadava, K., Ji, W., Vittal, J.J., Near-White Light Emission from Lead(II) Metal-Organic Frameworks, Inorg. Chem. 2018, 57, 11341-11348.
- Liu, M., Quah,H. S., Wen, S., Li, Y., Vittal, J. J., Ji, W., Multiphoton absorption and two-photon-pumped random lasing in crystallites of a coordination polymer, J. Phys. Chem. C 2018, 122,777-781
- Park, I.-H., Ju, H., Kim, K., Lee, S.S., Vittal, J. J., Isomerism in double-pillared-layer coordination polymers –structures and photoreactivity, IUCrJ 2018, 5, 182–189
- Vittal, J.J., Quah, H.S., Engineering solid state structural transformations of metal complexes. Coord. Chem. Rev. 2017, 342, 1-18 (Invited)
- Vittal, J.J., Quah, H.S., Photochemical reactions of metal complexes in the solid state. Dalton Trans. 2017, 46, 7120-7140 (invited Perspective)
- Mulijanto, C.E., Quah, H. S., Tan, G.K., Donnadieu, B., Vittal, J.J., Curved crystal morphology, photoreactivity and photosalient behaviour of mononuclear Zn(II) complexes. IUCrJ , 2017, 4, 65-71
- Medishetty, R.; Park, I.H.; Lee, S.S.; Vittal, J.J., Solid-state polymerization via [2+2] cycloaddition reaction involving coordination polymers. Chem. Commun. 2016, 51, 3989-4001 (Feature article)
- Quah, H. S.; Chen, W.; Schroder, M.K.; Yang, Y.; Wong, M.W.; Vittal, J.J., Multiphoton Harvesting Metal Organic Frameworks. Nat. Commun. 2015, 6, 7954.
- Park, I. H.; Medishetty, R.; Lee, H. H.; Mulijanto, C. E.; Quah, H. S.; Lee, S. S.; Vittal, J. J., Formation of a Syndiotactic Organic Polymer Inside a MOF by a 2+2 Photo-Polymerization Reaction. Angew. Chem. Int. Edit. 2015, 54 , 7313-7317.