Professor ZHOU Weibiao
(Director ─ Food and Science Technology Programme)
B.Sc., 1982, Beijing University of Chemical Technology; M.Eng., 1985, Chinese Academy of Sciences; Ph.D., 1991, The University of Queensland.; Postdoc., 1991, University of Waterloo.
Tel: (65)-6516-3501 |
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Personal webpage
Recognition and Achievements
- Editor, Food Control, Elsevier, 2015-present;
- Editor, Trends in Food Science & Technology, Elsevier, 2018-present;
- Editor, Int. Journal of Food Properties, Taylor & Francis, 2007-2015.
- Member, Editorial Boards of the following SCI-indexed journals: International Journal of Food Engineering, De Gruyter, 2004-present; Food and Bioprocess Technology, Springer, 2007-present; Food Engineering Reviews, Springer, 2008-present; Czech Journal of Food Sciences, Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 2012-present; Trends in Food Science & Technology, Elsevier, 2014-present; Scientific Reports, Nature Publishing Group, 2014-present; Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, American Chemical Society (ACS), 2015-present.
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology (AIFST), elected in 2007
- Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), UK, elected in 2013
- Fellow, International Academy of Food Science and Technology (IAFoST), elected in 2016
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Food Science and Technology (SIFST), elected in 2017.
- MND Medallion, Ministry of National Development (MND), Singapore, November 2015.
- Board Member, Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA), 2008-2015.
- Member-at-large, Executive Committee, International Society of Food Engineering (ISFE), 2006-present.
My interests are in food processing and food engineering; particularly baking processes, dairy processes, drying processes, functional foods, food process modelling and optimisation, advanced process control, and the effect of food processing on functional components such as antioxidants, isoflavones and probiotics. Specific foci are:
- Innovative processing technologies for next-generation functional foods
- Modeling, optimisation, and advanced control of food processes
Ref: Yu, P., Low, M.Y., Zhou, W. Development of a partial least squares-artificial neural network (PLS-ANN) hybrid model for the prediction of consumer liking scores of ready-to-drink green tea beverages. Food Research International, 2018, 103, 68-75.
Contour plots showing effects of RTD green tea flavour keys (X1 to X8) on consumer liking for PLS-ANN hybrid model.
- FST3103 Advanced Food Engineering
- FST4102 Advanced Food Processing Technologies
- Lin, J.; Leong, L.P.; Zhou, W. Steamed bread enriched with quercetin as an antiglycative food product: Its quality attributes and antioxidant properties. Food Func. 2018, 9, 3398-3407.
- Yu, H.; Seow, Y.-X.; Ong, P.K.C.; Zhou, W. Kinetic study of high-intensity ultrasound-assisted Maillard reaction in a model system of D-glucose and glycine. Food Chem. 2018, 269, 628-637.
- Huang, J.-Y.; Xu, F.; Zhou, W. Effect of LED irradiation on the ripening and nutritional quality of postharvest banana fruit. J. Sci. Food Agric. 2018, 98, 5486-5493.
- Gao, J.; Tay, S.L.; Koh, A.H.S.; Zhou, W. Dough and bread made from high- and low- protein flours by vacuum mixing: Part 3. Oral processing of bread. J. Cereal Sci. 2018, 79, 408-417.
- Yu, P.; Low, M.Y.; Zhou, W. Design of experiments and regression modelling in food flavour and sensory analysis: a review. Trends Food Sci. Technol. 2018, 71, 202-215.
- Lin, J.; Zhou, W. Role of quercetin in the physicochemical properties, antioxidant and antiglycation activities of bread. J. Func. Foods 2018, 40, 299-306.
- Gao, J.; Wang, Y.; Dong, Z.; Zhou, W. Structural and mechanical characteristics of bread and their impact on oral processing: a review. Int. J. Food Sci. Technol. 2018, 53, 858-872.